Friday, January 8, 2016

Cage Match: Cranberry Fresh Face Mask v.s Don't Look at Me Fresh Face Mask

Howdy partners!
For my first post, I've pitted some fan faves against each other in the facial battle of the decade.

(image from http://imbbpullzone.laedukreationpvt.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Lush-Don%E2%80%99t-Look-At-Me-Fresh-Face-Mask-Review2.jpg

VERSUS
(image from https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh9Xl9CFkXjU5sz7Pfe1Pyox2lFxvwcEA6TejwMYUEYcmEjp_0_ujLDNzZm-NtTgn7RGJuk-4eVzcoHCzXmMKzlOHaBQE88q3OTvVy_yh_MAr76v50aTd8kWiBe_gFw9WpWM18NRDh46Cg/s1600/lush-christmas-2015-cranberry-festive-face-mask-review.jpg)

Now, full disclosure, Don't Look at Me is one of my holy grail products. Then again, I do have a lot of favorites. But Don't Look at Me is at least top ten. 
Now, for science reasons, I tested both of these masks on myself and a couple friends. In general though, we shared the same opinions, except on one major front, but we'll get to that. We had a nice sleepover, I did their hair and faces, we watched some Aziz Ansari, it was grand. Anywho, I'm going to grade these two masks on a number of factors. Let's get into it!

SMELL
Don't Look at Me: I could smell this stuff all day. It brings me great joy and nostalgia, bringing me back to days of 8am wakeups and rushed breakfasts in order to make it to ballet in some semblance of the correct time. It smells like Fruit Loops, with a touch of freshly mowed grass. Odd combo, but it's heavenly. Personally, I find it smells similar to Love and Light hand cream (neroli yumminess)
Grade: A

Cranberry: Meh. I know I said I love fruity smells, but this has a hint of spice/warmth that unsettles me. Upon smelling it, I knew it would make my face burn. You know what I'm saying? It doesn't *really* smell of cranberries. It's the fennel. Fennel is not my friend. It smells of black licorice misery. 
Grade: C+

LOOKS
Don't Look at Me: This one clearly wins. It's bright blue and smooth, almost begging you to stroke it. It made me excited to smear it all over my face and leave it there for several minutes. It also lends itself to quite the selfie. Once on, it's still smooth and blue (and beautiful).
Grade: A

Cranberry: I'll give this one props for the color in the pot. It's a nice pink. However, once on your face, it makes you look sunburnt (at least for us extremely fair-skinned folk). It's also lumpy, which I'm not the biggest fan of. 
Grade: B-

APPLICATION/DURATION
Don't Look at Me: Dreamy. Smooth, spreads well, perfection. It doesn't dry on your face either. It's comfortable to wear, non-itchy, and overall just pleasant in all categories of wear.
Grade: A+

Cranberry: Ugh. This jerk of a mask is hard to spread evenly, likes to clump, and makes my face itchy. And the worst part: it burns! Burning may be a sign to some of a product working, but personally, I find burning to be a bad omen.
Grade: D

AFTERMATH:
Don't Look at Me: My skin is smooth, matte, soft, and generally looking good. It doesn't make a huge difference, but it feels luxurious.
Grade: B

Cranberry: I will give it to this mask, it exfoliates. However, my skin was warm and red and not very thrilled. My friend with more oily skin loved it though. It shrank her pores and left her looking radiant. To each their own.
Grade: B

WINNER: DLAM
I love this baby so much. There is nothing you could tell me that would make me stray away from this holy grail mask. Price wise, Don't Look at Me is a couple dollars more ($10.95 v.s $8.95), but I easily get 6-8 uses out of a pot. It also last significantly longer than the expiration date when kept in the fridge. Money wise, it's totally worth it. 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment