Friday, January 8, 2016

Angels Ain't on My Skin

Hello dearest Lushies,

I'm about to say something that will result in masses outside my door, holding torches and pitchforks, ready to behead me.

Are you ready for confession? I'm not sure I am...

(picture from https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgzhi1D-rmNFDLz9Z_pdYjip8k4ZP_N3qw8xomNHnuH3vo6V5wYKI5u3smeXonIIvWBnPbdmKiEusWXxBFz_M4IrUudjZtWOUbJmcsr6o00K3IZeG-rEspII7Wp11D-acEf-P8eVlciqow/s1600/aobs1.png)

I don't like Angels on Bare Skin.

Sorry, what?

Yeah, it's not really my jam. You would think with my easy skin and my love of lavender, it would be right up my alley.

Honestly, the smell kind of makes me sick.

But don't let me get ahead of myself. I'll tell you the story.

When I first became a baby Lushie, I wracked the web for reviews. I had not much money to work with, and I could only choose a select few items. Everyone and their sister were singing the praises of this rolled cleanser, and for $13 a pot, I gave it a try. The reviews said it lasted for months, and cures all sorts of ailments, from dry skin to brassy hair.

I rushed home, straight to my bathroom sink. I opened the pot, and was met with a stench. Granted, I've never liked the smell of nuts. But lavender! Lavender has never steered me wrong!

Ugh. This was another one that warmed my face in that unpleasant way that tells you that something may be slightly off. I washed it off, disappointed that I hadn't turned into the radiant unicorn princess the reviews promised I'd be, and smelled the rest of my goodies (neroli and tonka have never betrayed me to this day).

The next morning, I awoke to a throbbing sensation under my nose. To my surprise, there was a whitehead making itself at home. Awesome! Now, I probably can't blame this on Angels on Bare Skin. It was a stressful week. But, I blamed the cleanser anyway.

Grade: C+

Later lusherinas!

No comments:

Post a Comment